Tuesday, June 5, 2012

LIB 200 Critical Thinking 8: "Goodbye LIB, Goodbye"

     When I first entered the course, I was not at all excited about what was in store. Science was by far not my favorite topic, and I was unsure about how well I would do in the class. However, this course turned out to be my favorite class of the semester.
        From the discussions of great scientists' lives to the course articles and the books(such as "Einstein's Dreams"), I learned that science and humanities have a greater connection and link than I once assumed it did. I developed a much better understanding of some aspects of science along the way as well, influencing me to want to take a natural science course next term, not just as a requirement either. I cannot promise you that I will become and honors student in physics, but I can assure you that I can certainly try something new without judging it first.
          As a humanities person first, I can use my knowledge within the scientists to spread my opinion on how some technological advances may not always be what's best for our environment and world. Just as science can introduce us to futures we have only dreamed of, getting word out through the humanities can spread influence to inspire greater results for the environment we have only thought of. I am more than happy with the knowledge I have gained from this course and I look forward to maximizing my connection between science and humanities in the near future. I wish everyone the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment