Tuesday, April 3, 2012

LIB 200 Critical Thinking Blog 1: "TEAM HUMANITIES?"

   
Hello world!
                       My name is Wednesday Moore and I am a Liberal Arts major soon to transfer to Queens College for English (and possibly some other area that may catch my indecisive attention). From viewing my current and future major, it is obvious that I am on the humanities team, but I can guarantee that after this semester, I will have to reconsider my dislike for the sciences due to my interest in the class.
                Having majored in philosophy at my previous school, and studied for years of classical music, I fell in love with the “human condition,” therefore making it a natural choice to pursue liberal arts at LaGuardia.  So why choose this class? Although I have never been too fond of the sciences (How I HATE physics!), I have always possessed an inner craving to learn about the advancing, quite out of this world, technology. I find it hard to adore my iPhone and my Xbox Kinect, yet not wonder about the background story to these products and the motive to continue with technology’s advancement. I often ponder if the continuous advancements break any rules of morality, which is exactly where the humanities sector comes into play. Thus far, the class is doing a great job exploring both science and the humanities areas, both equally significant to the world’s contributions and survival.
                I apologize to getting off to a late start with the class. However, I will be indulged with the blogs and I hope you all are as equally excited as I am to hear each other's thoughts. Nice meeting you!

No comments:

Post a Comment